Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
The United Nations Convention on The Rights of the Child state that:
- States Parties shall take all appropriate legislative, administrative, social and educational measures to protect the child from all forms of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse, neglect or negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse, while in the care of parent(s), legal guardian(s) or any other person who has the care of the child.
- Such protective measures should, as appropriate, include effective procedures for the establishment of social programmes to provide necessary support for the child and for those who have the care of the child, as well as for other forms of prevention and for identification, reporting, referral, investigation, treatment and follow-up of instances of child maltreatment described heretofore, and, as appropriate, for judicial involvement.
Therefore we shall:
- Have zero tolerance for child abuse
- Actively work to listen to and empower children
- Ensure that all stakeholders within St. John’s Kindergarten follow the policies and procedures set out to protect children from abuse
- Ensure that all disclosures will be taken seriously and attended to in an appropriate manner
- Be committed in promoting the cultural safety for Aboriginal Children, children from CALD backgrounds and providing a safe environment for children with a disability
- Be committed to providing regular training and education of our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks
- Have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our Committee of Management, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000